Source: 2016 Chevrolet Sonic
2016 Chevrolet Sonic
Sonic is a sporty, small car for those who want more than just a way to get around. It's for people who love to have a little fun behind the wheel thanks to the available turbocharged engine that offers an EPA-estimated 40 MPG highway. In fact, Sonic has quite a history when it comes to safety. The 2015 Sonic was named a 2015 Top Safety Pick in its Small Car segment by The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS). Plus it's the first car in its class to offer 10 standard air bags.
2016 Chevrolet Sonic - Design
Smart And Spacious
Sonic hatchback offers seating for five with 19 cubic feet of cargo space - 47.7 cubic feet with rear seats down. You'll get plenty of room in the Sonic sedan which offers 14.9 cubic feet of trunk space, more than Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. Both models offer a 60/40 split-folding rear seat allowing you to find a configuration that's just right, whether it's catching the latest concert or grabbing groceries after work.
- Subtle Nightfall Gray Metallic exterior contrasted by matte-finish upper and lower grille bezels, door handle inserts and decklid trim
- Rear spoiler and 18-inch aluminum wheels with Midnight Silver finish
- Jet Black leather-appointed seats with sueded microfiber accents and Mojave inserts
- 1.4L turbocharged engine and 6-speed manual transmission
- Sporty gear ratios with racing-inspired aluminum sport pedals
- JLowered and stiffened suspension designed for you to take control
With a number of driver-friendly technologies like a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection, Head-Up Display and Automatic Parking Assist, SS is as smart as it is fun to drive.
Stay connected to your Sonic even when you're apart with the OnStar Basic Plan, including OnStar RemoteLink Key Fob Services, letting you use your smartphone to:
- Remotely start your car with the available factory-installed remote starter system
- Remotely activate door locks, horns and lights
- Receive OnStar Advanced Diagnostics
4G LTE Wi-Fi
Sonic offers available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity through OnStar. The powerful signal gives you and your passengers the ability to connect up to seven devices to the Internet, giving you the freedom to roam while connected.
2016 Chevrolet Sonic - Performance
Go The Distance
Standard ECOTEC 1.8L I-4 engine with 5-speed manual transmission delivers 138 horsepower and 125 lb.-ft. of torque in the base model. The available 1.4L turbocharged engine and 6-speed manual transmission offer an EPA-estimated 40 MPG highway without sacrificing power or athleticism.